Terms and Conditions
Please note that we only ship to UK mainland addresses.
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to ship to Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Isles of Scilly, some of the Scottish Islands and the Isle of Man, due to additional fuel surcharges for deliveries to these locations.
Dispatch is usually the next working day if the item is in stock. Orders placed after 4pm on Fridays will not be processed until the next working day (usually the Monday, unless there is a bank holiday).
Orders for electric products are normally shipped within 24 hours of order (excluding weekends and bank holidays). Once your order has been dispatched, we will send you an email containing tracking information which can be used to check the status of your delivery.
Orders for fuelled products will undergo a pre-delivery check to ensure that they are in full working order before shipping. This means that it will be a little bit longer before these products are dispatched but we have found this saves a lot of time and eliminates potential running issues. We aim to ship these within 48- 72 hours (excluding weekends and bank holidays).
E-Go and Cobra products are shipped directly from the manufacturer and may therefore take 1-2 days longer for delivery. They will not come pre-assembled and will need oil and fuel upon delivery.
For addresses in the Scottish Highlands, please allow an extra two days on the standard delivery time.
We offer FREE delivery for small machinery orders of £100 or more which are being sent to UK mainland addresses. For deliveries to the Scottish Highlands, we charge £45. For orders under £100 the delivery charge is £10 to all mainland UK addresses.
Garden tractors and ride-on lawnmowers will be delivered by ourselves and therefore are restricted to Suffolk, Essex and Norfolk only and will incur a £30 delivery fee.
All deliveries are sent out Monday to Friday and couriers used will depend on package size. Small packages such as spare parts will be sent out via RM24 – Royal Mail’s 24-hour service.
Please note we are closed bank holidays and during a short period over Christmas until the New Year. Orders will not be processed or dispatched during this time.
Returns & Right to Cancel
You have the right to cancel from the moment your order has been placed until 14 days from the date of purchase.
The goods should be returned to us in a re-saleable & unused condition with all parts and paperwork, and in the original packaging. If you are looking to exchange your goods, it is helpful if you include details of the item you would like.
The return cost is the responsibility of the customer (unless return is due to our error).
If you have changed your mind and would like to cancel, simply send us an email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Order Cancellation’. Please include your name, address and order number so we can find and process your cancellation quickly. If your order hasn’t been despatched you will be notified and receive your refund within 14 days (although this is usually much quicker).
For goods which arrive faulty, or which later develop a fault, you have 30 days to let us know so we can rectify the situation. See below for full details.
Before any petrol machine leaves our workshop, we remove it from the box and get it up and running to make sure everything is working. This significantly reduces the chance that anything will arrive faulty.
We ask that, if possible, you check your goods when you receive them from the courier and mark on the delivery note if there is any damage. If you don’t have time to check, write ‘order not checked’. Let us know if your goods have been damaged in transit as soon as possible (within 7 days of receipt) either by calling 01473 808250 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you discover a fault:
In the unlikely instance that your order arrives faulty, email us as soon as possible at email@example.com. We will arrange for your goods to be collected, and then we will replace, exchange or refund the product depending on your wishes. You have the right to a full refund on faulty goods which we have been made aware of within 30 days of delivery.
If you have had your goods for between 30 days and six months when a fault develops, we will repair where possible or replace the goods. If we are unable to repair, we will offer you an option to replace where possible, or you will be entitled to a refund.
All products purchased from RMC Garden Machinery Services Ltd, come with a full manufacturer’s warranty, the length of which will be stated in the product description on our website. Specific manufacturer’s requirements highlight exclusions to warranty coverage and will be stated within the owner’s handbook.
At RMC Garden Machinery Services Ltd, we register all Stiga and ATCO product sales directly with the manufacturers for warranty purposes. Products from alternative manufacturers should be registered directly with the manufacturer by the customer to ensure that any extended warranty advantages are claimed.
Regardless of the length of your warranty, it is imperative that you adhere to the following:
- It is your responsibility to make sure that your garden machinery gets the maintenance it requires to keep it in peak condition. This includes, as a minimum, proof of annual servicing by an experienced horticultural servicing specialist, for the length of the warranty period.
- Regular cleaning of machinery is essential to keep it in good working order. Neglect or failure to comply with this requirement could lead to the premature wear-and-tear of important components. You could be risking your warranty if you don’t carry out basic monthly maintenance.
- Do not let minor problems manifest into major faults. As soon as you suspect your purchase is not functioning as it should be, report this malfunction to the most appropriate agent to hand. Failure to address minor faults that ultimately cause your machinery to cease working properly could invalidate your warranty.
After every use and in accordance with the manual:
- Clean the underside, blade, chute, chassis and wheels/rollers. Do not turn the mower on its side even for short periods as this will allow fuel from the carburettor and/or oil from the sump to flow into the air filter or the silencer causing difficult starting and excessive smoking and possible terminal contamination of the air filter element. Always keep the spark plug pointing upwards.
- Check nuts and bolts for tightness, if any nuts or bolts are missing or damaged, cease use of the machine until they have been replaced.
- Check the blade for dents, cracks and sharpness, we recommend replacing the blade every 2 years to reduce metal fatigue.
- If it is a petrol mower fill it with fresh petrol before you next mow and do not fill it on the lawn. E10 has now replaced E5 as the standard petrol across the UK – but it’s not suitable for all vehicles or gardening tools. E10 can be damaging when stored in equipment between uses. You can user super unleaded fuel from forecourts which contains 5% ethanol OR Aspen which contains no ethanol, will stay fresh for up to 5 years and emits 99% less toxic emissions and ultimately prolongs machinery life.
Winter storage advice
Fuel: Store Lawnmowers without fuel unless it is Aspen, or add a stabiliser to prevent condensation and rust forming inside the tank.
Oil: Oil should be left in the machine all year round; it should be changed once a year.
Blades: Check blades for wear and tear and either have them sharpened or replaced if necessary.
Batteries: We recommend checking each manufacturers advice but they will generally need charging periodically whilst the machine is out of use and they may need storing in a warmer environment than the mower itself.
If you feel that you have a valid warranty claim or experience any difficulty operating your new purchase, we strongly advise that you make contact with us at the earliest opportunity. We will endeavour to remedy your problem in the most appropriate way possible.
Collection of the faulty goods will be from your original delivery address. We will instruct our chosen carrier to collect the item from you on a specified day. For this method to work properly, the machine, if fitted with a petrol engine, will need to be drained of engine oil and petrol and packaged in a way as to protect it from the rigours of the courier network. We strongly advise that you fold down and retain the original packaging your purchase was supplied to you in.
Please ensure you keep your original proof of purchase or a copy of it in a safe place. It might be necessary to produce this in the case of any claim against warranty.
Items returned to RMC Garden Machinery Services Ltd for repair will be worked on by industry trained and qualified members of staff. If we find that a piece of machinery returned to us is faulty due to user error or inappropriate treatment and does not qualify as a claim against warranty, we will contact you to discuss the best way forward and any costs you are responsible for.